Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing 8

Here's my shared reader. At least, I think this is how I share it will y'all : http://www.google.com/reader/shared/13217176151407840639

As I stated back in Thing 7, I love the RSS feed option on my iGoogle page because I can always do a quick glance for updates and if there are none, go on my merry way without clicking through all my 'favorites' on the computer. It really saves time!

For schools, you can have a reader set up for different projects. For example, I saw some Texas History blogs. How cool would it be for kids doing their Texas History projects to check updates on blogs from scholars and/or enthusiasts. Perhaps they'd learn something new--as it is being discovered!

This Google reader also allows for a librarian to, erm, 'control', per se what comes up on the reader but students feel like they have control over what they read AND they're being allowed to use Google (because up until this project, I'd scream about "NO GOOGLE" and turn into the Library Hulk if I saw any Googling in my library)

No comments: