Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing 14

Hi, I'm J-Lib and I am a blog-a-holic. I think technorati would get me in trouble. I also am amazed that the blogs I love to read: Pinkisthenewblog, Dooce and Greek Tragedy are not in the top 100 via technorati. These people make a living off of blogging and yet, they're not in the top 100. Weird.

I found it interesting by finding the 'popular' button that people seem to be doing a lot of tagging or labeling for Crocs. Wha?!? Ok.

Again, if there was an assignment for students to keep track of something, say, McCain/Obama, via blogs or posts, then this is great. They can link to a whole world of information.

However, I have to ponder if tagging would be similar to filing. The problem with filing is that I always forget did I file it under 'appliance' or 'refrigerator' or was that 'fridge'. I wonder if I'd do the same thing with tags--today I meant YA Lit but tomorrow it'll be Young Adult. This isn't a technorati or tagging problem, seems like a personal problem to me. HA!

I, myself, am going to stay far, far, faaaar away from something that will only lead me to read more blogs. Stop the madness!!!!

No comments: